Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

06/12/2014

Thoughts and ramblings and Chrimbly countdown number 6

Welcome back to the blogisphere Jak - I've missed you :)


 6th December...only 15 days to the longest night, to winter solstice, to yule...... then sun light starts to return to the northern hemisphere, I can't wait :)

6 miles to where I work
 the 6th wooden station of the cross
 Info-boards high up on the moors sharing quiet snippets of history.  Translating the lumps and bumps under the reeds and moorland grasses as mine shafts and shelters. The day we were there it was icy cold and very wet, I would not have liked to have worked up there in those conditions.

PS today I am hosting a festive wreath making day - I have done for several years now and I love it. My house will be filled with the scents of the season, with food,  with family and friends - fantastic! Photos to follow I promise :) :)


Joining up with Julie every day as we celebrate the chrimbly count down :) 
Why don't you take a look and see who else has joined :)

11 comments:

  1. You work quite near to one of my cousins, who lives in Austwick. Not a part of the country I know, but my cousin loves it. Joy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be a wonderful, it always has been in the past. Can't wait to see pics. If I get time I intend to make a wreath or garland and can use your pics for inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I live closer I would have joined you on the festive wreath making
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello hawthorn

    I am loving your posts and your stories with each one.
    Enjoy your day.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath making day sounds lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas wreath making day. Always lots of fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How observant you are! Wreath making day will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wreath making day - what a wonderful idea! I am looking forward to see pictures/read more about the event!

    Are you doing anything special for the longest night of the year? We are thinking about having a special dinner with candles...

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply too can't wait for the light to start appearing-not so fussed about the mornings but evening after work is a killer, not long though.
    Enjoy your festivities in with wreath making group, sounds fun.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can smell the pine scent from here. I shall look forward to seeing the wreaths.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really enjoying your Crimbly Countdown posts, and shall look forward to seeing how your wreath-making day goes - such a lovely, festive idea! I love your new banner, by the way - I'm sure I can smell those oranges :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.