Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

26/08/2013

coffee and paste

Making : Still knitting Himself's Skepp-o-hoj jumper - but nearly finished. Amd itching to start something new.
Cooking : Strawberry cheesecake and pizza pies for birthday boys.
Drinking : Peppermint tea.
Reading: Strands. A year of Discovery - by Jean Sprackland
Wanting: Summer to return, it seems to have slipped into autumn.
Looking: At my two cats sleeping curled up tight.
Playing: Been playing 'Sharp Shooter' a die game and 'German Whist' a card game both with Youngest.
Wasting: Learning time - have a huge file to work through and keep avoiding looking at it.
Sewing: Three patchwork quilts - originally made and sewn by hand by Himself's Grandma,  - some of the patches need replacing.
Wishing: I had more time to knit. And cook. And garden. And walk.
Enjoying: Sitting in my 'yarden' our small back yard is now full of pots and plants, fairy lights and a comfy bench - a good place to knit.
Waiting: To go off to bed - as usual I am up way toooooo late but it is easier to blog than motivate myself for bedtime!
Liking: A new blog I have found that has the most delicious recipes - I need the inspiration to change our menu plan.
Wondering:How much 'stuff' we can get rid of - our decluttering is in full swing and boxes and boxes of things are going out the door - it feels WONDERFUL!
Loving: The fact the cats are loving their precious time outside in their 'yarden'.
Hoping:That next week's weather improves so that Himself and the boys can go camping up in the lakes without getting wet.
Marvelling: At how many blooms the sweet pea flowers are now producing after a disappointing start.
Needing: To wash my hair but ....see - Waiting above.
Smelling: The huge bunch of sweet peas I picked yesterday, their scent has filled the air with their sweet sweet scent.
Wearing: Jeans, fleece, socks, crocheted shawl - it is definitely getting cooler.
Following: A daily colour code diary - gives inspiration, insight and gently motivates.
Noticing: That the nerve twitch in my right eyelid is still flickering.
Knowing: That I haven't put the milk away from the last brew I made for everyone.
Thinking: The carpet needs cleaning - again.
Feeling: Ready to go back to work - two weeks off has certainly done me a world of good.
Bookmarking: Crochet and knitting blogs - itching to try something new.
Opening: The airing cupboard to put another duvet on the bed.
Giggling: About a dated music video on the television - they are playing  tracks from the charts of 1995 - oh gosh - it wasn't REALLY that long ago - was it??
Feeling: Tired, going off to bed - no really, I mean it this time!

I found this 'coffee and paste' on a blog I pop into now and again and I loved the idea - makes an excellent change from my normal style of posting - thanks pip


4 comments:

  1. That was very interesting to read. A good idea. I also followed your links. That new book looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting and fun way to give us so much news and insight into you yourself Hawthorn - I really enjoyed reading it and it's made me think about all the things that are happening around us on a daily - daily? - minute by minute basis that we often don't think too much about or worse - take for granted! Thank you!
    Enjoy your days back at work and keep smiling!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot you are doing at the moment. There was one item missing from the list, unless I missed it, and that is work.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that form of blogging. I may have to steal that some time. :)

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.