Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

18/05/2013

A Surprise winner!

Remember this?   
 
A farmer rang to request a list of drugs and one of the medications he needed was ' fer 'is yow wi bad touch of t crambleys'  And not only was she suffering the interestingly fruity sounding 'crambleys' but she was 'alles had tiftin' too....So...any ideas?
Have a guess!
Go on - what do you think

Well Grammy dear - you were the nearest with.....

Love the sheep bum cake. Too cute. I have no idea what your farmer said unless he has an animal with an upset tummy. Tiftin????? Love your posts about your Yorkshire farmers. on Thank ewe!

A touch of the 'crambleys' is a sheep with a terrible gut ache who walks stiffly with an arched back to try to alleviate the pain - and 'tiftin' as the local word used to describe the rapid sharp breathing sheep do when they have some ailment associated with their lungs - pneumonia or lung worm or are in pain - Grammy Braxton - email me with your address coz I have a little something to pop in the post for you! And I know you will love it as it has lots and LOTS of Yorkshire farming dialect written on it!

Just a quick post today - work has been inexplicably and suddenly extremely busy recently and I have not been able to do anything except get up in the morning - go to work - work work work - come home and collapse on the settee with glazed eyes til bedtime only to start it all over again the next day - the funny thing is though - despite the work load and the drive there and back each day - I am still very happy where I am Thank you for asking :) !!

 Feeling sheepisH?


3 comments:

  1. So glad you are happy where you are. Well done Grammy for getting that right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations to Sharon .....great to hear she has won this giveaway. I had no idea!!

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheep tummy ache; sounds nasty, especially if it has to arch its back to relieve the pain. So glad your tiredness is happy tiredness.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.