Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

17/04/2013

Ta da!!

Just a quick ta da post.

My 'fat shady' which is more of a 'chunky empire bell' than the elegant drum shaped one that originally inspired me. 

 The knitting is all wonky where I attempted to angle the rows to fit the curve of the wire frame.

 

But, once the light is on and the bedroom is filled with the soft glow of a woolly
light - it is love love love xx

Still on the knitting front, the Skepp-o-hoj continues to grow - slowly - a row here and a row there, when I have time and energy, I suspect that Himself will have to wait until next winter before he will be able to wear it. Never mind. 

I did discover that skepp-ohoj  that means ship ahoy in Swedish and there is a 1931 Swedish film of the same name.




2 comments:

  1. Like the lamp. Looks all warm and friendly. Well done. I have only ever made macrame lamp shades and then had zillions of ends to get rid of, much easier to knit one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely effect; so calming. Seems it was very quick to do.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.