Just about bordering on odd, I see things through different eyes.The heading says it all - I live, I love, I craft, I am me...

31/01/2013

Going for a walk - fancy coming along?



Today at work was hectic - in a good way - but by lunch time I was desperate for some time out. Want to come along with me?

Well, firstly, after walking through some really narrow twiddly lanes through old Settle town, I popped in for a bit of culture - at the Gallery on the Green, where there is an exhibition of Chinese brushwork by Chris Newson.

I spent a very happy 10 minutes watching the powerpoint slide show of work and had a good look at the art work on display.
I've visited this little gallery before and blogged about it in my previous blog  -  this little gallery is a phone box!

The art work is changed regularly and is sourced from local artists - it is such a quirky and fun way to interact with art in a small and personal way.





Having sated my curiosity, I set off again. Heading for Brockhole Lane - known locally as watery lane.

I paused briefly to admire the allotments on the lane and to smile at its name.


The sky was heavy all round, threatening rain but I was lucky and walked in brilliant sunshine


The further I went, the wetter the track - the lane lives up to its pet name.
 
As I reached a bend in the lane, the water had stopped being puddles and started to be a little stream

Then the stream turned into a river - Brockhole (watery) lane shares a short stretch with a brisk bubbling beck. Only passable in a car or on horse back and for those on foot, a raised stony path next to the wall is just about the driest route.

Water gushes out from beneath the large slab - I peered over the wall to see where the stream was coming from. All I saw was grass! No sign of the source, it must come from deep beneath the earth,
The river then suddenly turned off the lane through a special 'smoot' and disappeared into the field. Gone.


I walked along the raised stony path to the end of the ford and turned to take more pictures.
How lucky am I? 
I work in that huddle of buildings at the base of those hills. 

 Time to return to work - feeling refreshed and fully charged for the afternoon.

Tomorrow I start my annual Heart-a-thon! Curious? Well pop back and see what goes on :) Join if you fancy.

Friday tomorrow - Woo hoo!!




1 comment:

  1. A lovely walk, even if a bit damp in the foot department!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - I'm really glad that you did. If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you, any one signing as anonymous or writing anything unkind, political, any form of hate or computer generated will be acknowledged as spam and deleted.

Hawthorn x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.